Sunday 27 November 2011

As promised, I have spent a lot of time cooking and baking this weekend. I have had some successes and, well let's just say there are some recipes it wouldn't be fair to you to share yet. First of all I tried the seitan brisket from planeat.tv. One of the major drawbacks from using the recipes from the website is that the ingredients and meaures are quite often difficult to translate into British equivalents. I tried my best, but my efforts came out looking and tasting a bit too much like bread. I did a bit more research online, and it turns out there are other Brits out there having the same problems trying to cook seitan brisket. Never fear, though, I will persevere.
One definite success for me this weekend is the wild mushroom gravy from planeat.tv which tastes AMAZING! I'm definitely going to persuade my family to let me cook it on Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment