Saturday 4 February 2012

The guilt-free way to keep yourself clean

   Sorry to go all Oprah on you, but I have a new favourite thing. Whilst doing my weekly shopping at Roath Real Food Market, I came across Sebon Soaps ('sebon' is Welsh for 'soap'). They make environmentally-friendly products that are free from palm oil, animal ingredients, artificial fragrances and artificial colours.
   After a chat with the lovely lady behind the stall, I couldn't wait to try some of their products. Unfortunately I'm allergic to soap (as well as garlic, I know - it's wierd), but there was lots more to choose from. As well as their natural soap, Sebon also make other artisan products such as lip balms, deodorants, aftershave and moisturisers. So far I can tell you that the spearmint lip balm is lush, and I was very excited to find that Welsh tiger balm exists. Since my brother brought me a tiny tin of tiger balm back from Thailand seven years ago, I have requested a fresh supply from anyone who I know who has been travelling in Asia. Tiger balm is a great cure-all. It clears your head and sinuses if you have a cold, you can mix it with baby oil and massage it into sore or injured muscles and it even soothes mosquito bites. Sebon's tiger balm isn't as strong as the Thai stuff, so it's great for massaging into pressure points when you have a headache or migraine.
   Although Sebon might seem pricey at first, their products last for ages so in the long run it's a real bargain. For more info check them out on-line www.sebonsoaps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment