Tuesday 7 February 2012

Household Tips

My energy supplier are always sending me lots of great information about how to make my home energy fit, saving both money and resources. I thought I’d share a few of them with you.

  • Check that your loft insulation is at least 270mm (11") thick.
  • Have a shower instead of a bath. Baths can use and heat twice the amount of water compared to showers.
  • Replace standard light bulbs with energy saving ones, which can last up to five times longer and use up to 70% less energy. And of course don’t forget to turn the lights off when you leave a room.
  • Turn plugs off completely when appliances aren’t in use. They waste energy when they’re left on standby.
  • Draw your curtains from dusk onwards to keep heat in the room.
  • Make sure the area at the back of your fridge or freezer is clear so that it can operate more efficiently.
  • Lowering your thermostat by just 1 degree can cut your fuel bills by up to 10%.

No comments:

Post a Comment