Wednesday 8 August 2012

Vegan South Wales

As you know, I love discovering new things, so to discover two new things on the same day is a bonus. Whilst guiding my visiting parents around Cardiff one day, I got the opportunity to try a café I had seen a few weeks before and wanted to check out. The Embassy Café, situated in Cathays Community Centre, is a totally vegetarian café with plenty of vegan options. The staff are very welcoming and knowledgeable, so you can tell them your dietary requirements and they will come up with suitable options for you. It was perfect for me and my parents, I could get decent vegan food and they, as omnivores, could also have a coffee and snack with me.
Whilst waiting for our coffees, I found my second discovery of the day. The Embassy has a book swap and DVD rental table (fab idea!) which is also home to leaflets and flyers about local activities. ‘Vegan South Wales’ caught my eye immediately. This fantastic pocket-sized booklet lists loads of vegan options in South Wales, all categorised by area, so wherever you are you know where you can find something to eat. I carry mine with me whenever I’m out now, and it is so handy. It saves so much time, especially when you’re eating with people who aren’t vegan and you don’t want to appear fussy. Other areas of Wales are covered in separate booklets, and all the information is available on their website
www.eatoutveganwales.org

No comments:

Post a Comment