Saturday 3 March 2012

Handmade in the Hills

Since starting this blog, one of the things I've loved most is coming across great, local, independent businesses. This week I tried out a new one, Handmade In The Hills (www.handmadeinthehills.co.uk). All the products on their website are hand made by artists and makers in Ceredigion. They make and sell a wide selection of products, including children's toys, homewares, jewellery and food goods.
As it's my neice's birthday next month, I thought I'd see if there was anything suitable for her. Although I was spoilt for choice, I decided on a pink magical wand.
I used to work in retail, and when working for good retailers (there were a lot of bad ones too) I was always taught that problems can be an opportunity to demonstrate excellent customer service. When I encountered a problem with Pay Pal (for some reason they don't believe I live at my address), the team at Handmade In The Hills not only sorted it out straight away for me, they kept in contact via email to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. Rarely do you encounter a company in today's modern world that is so keen to look after it's customers. I'm sure my neice will love her magical wand, and I will definitely be returning to the Handmade In The Hills website in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment