Thursday 8 March 2012

Take a Step Together

What started as a blog about me trying to eat a more plant-based diet has developed in to me blabbing on about anything to do with health, fitness, food and the environment. I’m aware that a lot of my recent blogs have been about converting to a healthier lifestyle, and I’m also aware that even with the best will in the world this is difficult for a lot of people. Which is why I’m introducing my new mantra ‘take a step together’.

During my own personal lifestyle change, one of the things I constantly tell myself is ‘one step at a time’. The longest lasting change is gradual, and if I happen to slip up and take a couple of steps backwards I try not to beat myself up about it and work out how I can move forward again. Making those small steps can be incredibly difficult, though, and it is so easy to make an excuse as to why you have to wait until next week to start.

At the moment I work in an office, a very sedentary environment where it is very easy to become lazy and put on weight. Determined to break this trend, my team and I have been making changes together. All five of us are trying to live healthier lives (and I’m also encouraging them to live more environmentally friendly lives J ). We all have our own personal reasons for doing it, and we’re all going about it in different ways, but we encourage each other daily and share ideas and knowledge. I have no doubt that, without the support of the other four, no one of us would have succeeded as well as we have so far. Who needs a personal trainer or nutritionist when you have four coaches stopping you from buying that chocolate bar from the vending machine.

So, why not find a few more like-minded individuals and try taking a step together. It might give you the push you need to improve your life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment