Monday 2 January 2012

Buy Local

I've been trying hard recently to only buy fresh produce that is grown as locally as possible. As I've previously said , this is relatively easy for me because I live in a city where we have weekly real food markets and a local farm shop. I did have a slight panic on Saturday, though, when I discovered the market was closed for New Years Eve. Aaaaarrrgghh! Where was I going to shop? I headed into the local Tesco, and in all honesty I wasn't expecting to find much Britsh produce. I have to say, though, I was pleasantly surprised. As well as some Braeburn apples to snack on, I picked up some parsnips, carrots, potatoes, onions, leeks and mushrooms. All grown in the UK, and perfect to make a huge stew (I think I bought a bit too much veg - it only just fitted into my stew pot) for my lunches this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment