Saturday 7 January 2012

Pears in soup? That's as crazy as garlic and bread!

   Today I'm going to share with you a cooking tip that my mum shared with me recently.
My favourite soup is sweet potato and butternut squash (either of these can be substituted for pumpkin depending on what is seasonal to your area), and it is super easy to make. Chop an onion and a chilli and fry them in a large pan. Add the sweet potato and squash, chopped, and enough vegetable stock to cover the vegtables. Give it a stir, and leave to simmer until the veggies are soft. Leave to cool, and then blend in batches.
   Thanks to my mum, I now add an extra ingredient to my soup. Pears! That's right, adding some chopped pairs to the mix gives the soup a sweeter taste. British conference pears are really tasty at the moment, too, so it's the perfect winter warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment