Saturday 28 January 2012

Chewy Carrots

Due to work commitments, I was unable to make it to the real food market last week. As a result, by mid-week my kitchen was empty of food. So I went to the supermarket. As I needed some snacks to take to work with me, I thought I'd buy some carrots to nibble on. Unfortunately, I was unable to get organic, but they did have British carrots, so I bought a bag. I now understand the difference between supermarket and fresh produce. It's no wonder people say they don't like vegetables if that's all they think there is on offer. I'd never realised before that carrots can actually be chewy! Needless to say, I'm off to the real food market this morning to buy some carrots that taste like carrots. And all I have to say about the supermarket-bought carrots is - Urgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment